Sunday, February 14, 2010

LIFTING UP YOUR SHEILD OF FAITH

I can remember last year saying a prayer Lord increases my faith in you and oh boy was I in for a ride. Last year my marriage was on the rocks , my husband lost his job, our SUV was wrecked which was the only transportation we had for a family of six and all this happen all in a three months time frame and while I was pregnant with baby number five. During those days my husband Johnny and I would wake up early in the morning and go out onto the balcony and pray and read the bible together. It was a time that our faith was truly tested. We had to ask ourselves if we were going continue to trust God to provide when everything seemed to be going wrong. That year everything was being shaken in my life, at the time I was determining to be steadfast in faith no matter what! But there were times when I would think that the more I prayed the more things went wrong. But God would lead me back to the scriptures of the seeds planted in good ground, some on rocky ground, some on good ground and some barely planted in the ground. The bible tells us that the cares of the world came and choke out the word of God out of their life. So I made up my mind that I was to be the seed planted On GOOD ground that my roots were to be deeply rooted in Christ no matter what happen! I knew God was more than able to bring me through if I trusted in him, so I lifted up my shield of Faith!
Matthew 13:18-23 (New King James Version)


The Parable of the Sower Explained


18 “Therefore hear the parable of the sower: 19 When anyone hears the word of the kingdom, and does not understand it, then the wicked one comes and snatches away what was sown in his heart. This is he who received seed by the wayside. 20 But he who received the seed on stony places, this is he who hears the word and immediately receives it with joy; 21 yet he has no root in himself, but endures only for a while. For when tribulation or persecution arises because of the word, immediately he stumbles. 22 Now he who received seed among the thorns is he, who hears the word, and the cares of this world and the deceitfulness of riches choke the word, and he becomes unfruitful. 23 But he who received seed on the good ground is he who hears the word and understands it, who indeed bears fruit and produces: some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.”



I was holding onto God word no matter what. My husband was becoming weary during these trails and faint of Heart, but I kept on pressing in. I had to lift up my shield of Faith and be determine to hold onto the promises in the bible that God would supply all are needs and God truly came through. I made it through those rough times because I choose to keep my heart covered in Christ. I allowed my faith to be tested because I chose to trust God at his word that all things worked for the good for those who love the Lord and begin to COUNT IT ALL JOY.
James 1:2-5 (New King James Version)
2 my brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, 3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. 4 But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him.

I knew whatever I was going through was an opportunity to Grow in my faith and practice what I preach. I learn how to lean solely on God and know that he was a God that nothing was too hard for and I begin to lift up a shield of Faith. The book of Ephesians tells us so well, that we are to lift up a shield of faith, resisting the fiery darts of the enemy (doubt, worries, depression, and unbelief). All that was coming against my Life was resisted by me standing firm on God’s word. How do you increase your faith in God? By studying the word of God. The bible tells us that faith comes ONLY by hearing and hearing the word of God. As you being to study the bible you begin to understand who God is, what his promises are for your Life, and how to walk in his authority that he has given you. The more you study and build a relationship with Christ through prayer and studying the word of God the more your faith is increased in him because you are allowing the living word of God to begin to transform your mind to a Mind of Christ. You begin to allow the Holy Spirit to live through you. Your Faith is now stronger in Christ because you have allowed yourself to be transformed into his image. You are no longer led by your old nature of doubt and unbelief but know by FAITH in Christ, knowing that you serve a God whose word comes forth and does not comes back Void. When you get to a place were you saturate yourself in Christ, you know how to lift up your shield of Faith in Christ because you know you serve a God who is faithful to the end. God faith was in the father and the father in him as they are all one. When Jesus was tempted in the wilderness it was a Perfect example of the faith in the father. Each time Satan came against Christ, Jesus would always State it is written, Christ lifted up his shield of faith by serving Satan with the word of God. As we study the word of God are faith will increase, we will find more promises to stand firm on and know how to resist the attacks of the enemy with the word of God which are savior Christ was the perfect example on how to resist the enemy with his faith in the Word. Today if you lack any faith in any area of your life, ask God to help you stand firm in faith and to lead you to Scriptures to stand on .When doubt try to steal your peace remind doubt what the word of God tell you.
 Isaiah 40:8The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever.”

No comments:

Post a Comment