Sunday, May 29, 2011

The Choice is Yours



Well today, I had a talk with my oldest son. A conversation that probably never ends! As my son begins to get into his teenage years, I notice that his choice of friends were not  very good ones. As the years had gone by,  I became increasing concern about his choice of friends. It came to the point were I had to meet everyone of his friends and weed out those who came to do harm verses those who were truly a friend. As God had place his life in my hands to raise up in the Lord.(Proverbs 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go, And when he is old he will not depart from it)
As a Christian I now how important it is to choose your friends wisely, for bible is clear on this matter. The bible tells us that the wicked will lead us astray.( see Proverbs 1) As I prayed about what words to say to my son this morning, God gave me the scripture in Deuteronomy 30:19, choose Life or Death, Blessing or Cursing. I explain to my son that God gave us choices. We have the choice to either choose his blessing or choose a curse Life. Living a life of sin will only bring curses and destruction, but living a life for God brings the blessing of the Lord on us. note these verses

Proverbs 12:26 The righteous should choose his friends carefully, For the way of the wicked leads them astray.Psalms 37:38 but the transgressor shall be destroy together; the fruit of the wicked shall be cut off.
Proverbs 1:8-9 My son, hear the instruction of your father, And do not forsake the law of your mother; 9 For they will be a graceful ornament on your head, and chains about your neck.
Those of my son`s friend who were sexual active, cursing and just were unruly children, quickly became his unfriends. If you hang around sin long enough you will fall right into its trap. In this life everything is a choice, from who we choose to hang out with, what we eat, what we wear, If we will be kind,or if we will be unkind. Everything in this life is a choice! This does not mean if we choose to do the right thing that life will just be one big happy place, but it does mean God will always help us out of things that arise.(Proverbs 15:29The LORD is far from the wicked, But He hears the prayer of the righteous)
In addition, by making Good choice we won’t always find ourselves in trouble. Bad choices make a huge impact on our life`s. At best, the greatest decision we can make as Christians, is to choose to follow Christ, choose whom we surround ourselves with and choose the blessing verse the curses. As this vese says it so well, Deuteronomy 30:19 I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live;

No comments:

Post a Comment